Background: To contribute more effectively to the exchange of expertise and regional cooperation in the field of waste management, SWEEP-Net, GIZ has undertaken an initiative to strengthen local capacity in terms of integrated solid waste management in the Maghreb region using new technologies information and communication. This initiative is based on a hybrid training including a study visit in Germany, and a second part of the training to be conducted through a platform of E-Learning that will be developed for the project.
- Identify priority needs for capacity building of municipalities in the field of waste management can be met through cooperation and distance learning ;
- Identify the appropriate instruments and mechanisms ;
- Identify interested partners.
Following the study tour organized from 24 to 29 March 2014 in Germany for the benefit of 20 technical representatives of local authorities and departments involved in the waste sector in Morocco and Tunisia, and to contribute more effectively to capacity building and exchange of expertise and regional cooperation in the field of waste management, we are pleased to announce that the SWEEP-Net E-Learning course on solid waste management started on January 12, 2015
The platform is now available at the following address: http://www.sweep-net.org/e-learning and 7 trainings modules were developed by Tunisian and Moroccan experts:
- Introduction to Solid Waste Management
- Module 1: Legal and institutional framework
- Module 2: Financing and cost calculation
- Module 3: Technical management of the collection and waste management
- Module 4: Monitoring and collection control, cleaning and waste transport
- Module 5: Monitoring and control of discharges
- Module 6: Use of private sector